The company is implementing a program to improve the rational use of associated petroleum gas aimed at stimulating the processing of APG into products with high added value and reducing the impact on the environment and climate. Targeted actions for TATNEFT Group for the period 2017-2019 resulted in a 20% decrease in APG flaring volumes. This made it possible to reduce emissions of pollutants and emissions of greenhouse gases generated during the combustion and dispersal of APG.
At present, the level of APG utilization in the Company exceeds 96%. This is one of the highest indicators in the industry, which the Company plans to increase to 98%.
Due to the high level of APG utilization, the Company annually prevents more than 3 million tons (in CO2 equivalent) of greenhouse gas emissions.
The achievement of this indicator is facilitated by the implementation of technological solutions, the main of which are overhaul and expansion of the gas collection system from the Company's facilities, the construction of facilities intended for the use of associated petroleum gas, as well as work on their technical re-equipment, reconstruction and modernization.
In 2019, over 21 km of gas pipelines of the TATNEFT Company were overhauled. Design and survey work was completed on the project “Expansion of the gas gathering system of the Yamashinskoye and Tyugeevskoye fields, in 2020 - construction and installation work.
The company is responsible for monitoring the efficiency of operation of gas purification plants, their current and scheduled preventive maintenance.
The main direction of APG utilization is processing at the Company's production facilities and further transfer of the resulting products to consumers. As part of the Program to improve the rational use of associated petroleum gas, the Company implements:
- Construction of facilities designed for the use of associated petroleum gas, as well as work on their technical re-equipment, reconstruction and modernization;
- Control and reduction of losses of hydrocarbon raw materials, increase in the volume of its processing, increase in energy efficiency of production;
- Implementation of measures to reduce hydrocarbon emissions from storage and treatment tanks; performance and adjustment work on fuel-burning equipment;
- Monitoring the efficiency of operation of gas treatment plants, their routine and preventive maintenance;
- Implementation of measures to regulate emissions during periods of unfavorable meteorological conditions;
- Conversion of vehicles to gas fuel.
- APG use as fuel in various equipment.